Monday, April 7, 2008

To Settle Down or Not Settle Down?(Anonymous)

Hi am asking this question based on an email I received. In the article the author, a female, is advocating women to settle. Basically she is saying it is better to settle than to be alone and lonely. I disagree. Alone aint lonely and its possible to be in a relationship and be lonely. Am past 30 and I know that that fairy tale knight in shining armour aint happening but am still not willing to settle for the frog. TD Jakes said it "just because no one has come along to love you on your level, doesn't mean you have to sink to theirs". Tell me, should women settle?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No woman should settle for less cause there
is someone for everyone it just takes time to find that someone . I am a firm believer in this cause we find love in the strangest places. I am a living example, I found love. I love her alot we both think of each other at the same times and call each other when ever we get the cahnce .Don't settle for less if not you may find your self longing for No woman should settle cause there
is someone for everyone it just takes time to find that someone . I am a firm believer in this cause we find love in the strangest places cause i did and i love her alot we both think of each other at the same times and call each other when ever we get the cahnce .Don't settle for if not you may find your self longing for No woman should settle cause there
is someone for everyone it just takes time to find that someone . I am a firm believer in this cause we find love in the strangest places cause i did and i love her alot we both think of each other at the same times and call each other when ever we get the cahnce .Don't settle for if not you may find your self longing for more and that may make u miserable

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lady said...

I think there is difference between settling and looking for perfection. If you've dated or been with such a person you would know what I mean. Rather than get into a lengthy comment i'll just say that that one should not settle but seeking perfection is also self destructive. I'm sure we all have ideals but I believe that there are somethings we can live with which may just not our perception of idealistic.